Walleye Grilled with
Mushrooms and Wine Sauce!
(I have to steal this recipe from Al)
Beer Batter Deep Fried Walleye
1 Cup of All Purpose flour
1 Cup of beer
1 Teaspoon baking powder
3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
Water and Seasoning
- Mix flour and baking powder
- Mix in vegetable oil
- Add enough beer to get desired thickness of batter
- Add seasoning
Deep Fry until golden brown ...enjoy!
Pan-Fried Walleye the Captain's Way
1 1/2 cups of pancake flour OR a box of Fish Crisp mix
2 Eggs mixed in 1/2 cup of milk
2 Cups of bread crumbs OR Crush 1 bag of Salt and Vinegar Potato Chips into crumbs
Seasoning (Salt, Pepper, Garlic and Onion powder)
- Put pancake flour or a box of Fish Crisp mix in a quart size plastic bag
- Put bread crumbs or potato chip crumbs on a 10"plate
- Add 1/2 inch of vegetable oil to the frying pan and put on medium-low heat
- Beat eggs, add seasoning to eggs and beat in 1/2 cup of milk
- Pat-dry 2 or 3 fillets and put into the bag of flour, shake the bag to lightly coat fish fillets
- Take a fillet from the bag and soak it in the egg mix
- Take the fillet from the egg mix and lay it on the plate of crumbs, turn the fillet to coat both sides of the fillet with the crumbs
- Place the coated fillet in the frying pan and continue the coating process with the remaining fillets
- Place fillets in the frying pan so they don't touch each other
- Cook each side until they are golden brown, be sure not to get the oil too hot
- If you are doing more than 1 batch of fillets, you should change the oil in the frying pan to keep it fresh ...enjoy!
Press to return to Captain Dan's Home page!